A Rare Glimpse

Monday, December 04, 2006

Getting sick is no fun. :P But I guess that's a work hazard when working with preschool children. He he. I caught the stomach flu a few weeks ago and that was not pleasant. It meant that I spent a few days doing nothing except tossing and turning in bed, trying to sleep when my stomach wasn't in pain. Thank goodness I didn't get diarrhea, fever, or throw up...which is what happened to the kids I got the bug from, apparently. My only repercussion was that I either didn't feel like eating, or I could only handle soup in small quantities.

December 1st also rings in the official start to Christmas shopping, and being in retail, it means I'm working 5 nights a week on top of my childcare hours. It's not overwhelmingly busy...yet. The week before Christmas will be the busiest, so luckily, I'll be done exams and will be more than willing to work the extra hours to make some much needed money.

Which brings me to my next thought...I'll have to make a concerted effort not to forget about connecting with God on a consistent basis. After all, the reason we celebrate Christmas is that it's all about Him.